CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life partner for a price?

Further down were a list of "cupid" companies that offer 'friendship' and 'the one'...with a special fee...*kaching*
I was reading The Star just now while having my Subway break feast with milk. Flipping through the star casually browsing interesting news with that catchy tag line. From MJ's 'milk' till tattoo fish for good luck, nothing caught much of my attention till I flip to the ads section. Browsing through the ads I spotted an ad which read :

"32 single simple caring IT exec seeks chinese carrier lady. Friendship/matrimony. "


A huge smirk spread across my face.

I have many friends that are much older then me and 'married'.

Why the open and close inverted comas?

Well, they are either in the verge of divorce or physically and mentally divorced.

And they all tell me the same thing, maybe in different words but still the same bottom line :

"DON'T GET MARRIED."

It's funny huh?

While same people out there are constantly finding for a life partner, those with life partners want to get rid of their life partners.

I remember this joke I read somewhere quite long ago, that goes something like this :

A man want his,
Daughter on the cover of Maxim
Mistress on the cover of Playboy
And wife on the cover of missing persons.

*Grin*

So what is it that while people that have partners are trying to 'get rid' of their partners while there are people that are actually spending money to find for a life partner?

Think bout it.....

0 Thoughts: